What is wireless orthodontic treatment for children?
Wireless orthodontic treatment (Invisalign) is a treatment method used to straighten crooked and separated teeth with custom-made transparent aligners. In the Invisalign treatment, transparent aligners that surround the teeth are used. Invisalign First treatment is applied to child patients aged between 6-12 years. The adult Invisalign treatment method is exactly the same, with transparent aligners produced specifically for children’s oral structure.
For children to start orthodontic treatment with transparent aligners, they must have lost their milk teeth and at least their second molars must have partially erupted.
Invisalign first – In which cases is child-specific wireless orthodontic treatment applied?
- “Narrow jaw” cases where the upper jaw is further forward than it should be
- Cases where the lower jaw is further forward than it should be
- Cases with a crossbite.
Invisalign first – How long does transparent plaque treatment in children take?
- The duration of treatment with transparent aligners in children depends on the severity of the dental misalignment that needs to be treated.
- The treatment duration for simple cases with transparent aligners is 12 weeks.
- In more severe cases, the treatment duration with transparent aligners can be 30 weeks or more.
- Invisalign transparent aligners need to be used for at least 20-22 hours per day.
- The duration of use for transparent aligners in children varies between 5 and 7 days, while in adults, the duration for changing the aligners varies between 10 and 14 days.